Skinny Apple Pie Panini
Yes you can apple pie for breakfast with this delicious healthy version!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 slices 14 Grain Bon Matin Bread
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat. Saute apples with brown sugar for 5 to 8 minutes or until softened. Cool completely.
- Stir cream cheese with yogurt, icing sugar and ground cinnamon until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto 4 bread slices. Divide apples evenly on top. Sandwich with remaining bread slices.
- Meanwhile, preheat Panini press according to manufacturer’s instructions. Grill sandwiches for 3 to 5 minutes in press or until filling is warm and bread is toasted. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.