Chili Lime Chicken Sandwich
- 4 slices Bon Matin La mie de l'artisanMC 12 Grains bread
- 1- 6oz Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) butter room temp.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) red cabbage thinly sliced
- 10 baby kale leaves (arugula, spinach)
- ½ cup (120 ml) ripe avocado finely diced
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) ground coriander seed
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cherry tomatoes finely diced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) red onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) honey
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) Jalapeno minced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. mint finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) honey
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) olive oil
- In a small bowl, gently mix together avocado, coriander seed, lime juice, tomatoes and onion.
- In another small bowl, stir together all marinade ingredients. Transfer to a re‑sealable bag, place chicken breast inside and refrigerate for 1 hr. Grill chicken for 10 – 15 minutes until no longer pink inside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Add cabbage and kale, toss to coat.
- Toast bread slices in toaster and butter each slice on one side.
- Slice chicken breast and evenly place onto the buttered side of two bread slices, spoon avocado mixture on top, and finish with slaw. Top each with remaining bread slices. Serve and Enjoy!