Southwest Omelette Sandwich
Using chorizo sausage adds loads of flavour in this fun twist on a Western‑style sandwich.
- 4 slices Multigrain no fat, no sugar added Bon Matin bread, toasted
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced cured chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) diced onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk eggs with 2 tsp (10 mL) water, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In heatproof 10‑inch (25 cm) skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook chorizo, red pepper and onion, stirring often, for 5 minutes or vegetables are soft.
- Add spinach; cook until spinach just starts to wilt.
- Stir into egg mixture along with goat cheese.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; cook egg mixture, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until eggs are just set around the edges.
- Transfer to oven; broil for 2 or 3 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Cut into quarters and sandwich 2 quarters between 2 slices of bread; repeat with remaining omelette and bread.