- 4 slices of Bon Matin multigrain bread, no fat no sugar added
- ½ tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp flour
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 big portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 slices light Swiss‑type cheese
- 2 tsp butter or cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small saucepan, melt ½ tbsp butter.
- Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk while whisking.
- Cook for 3‑4 minutes, stirring regularly or until the béchamel is thickened. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add mushrooms and grill over medium heat for 4‑5 minutes, turning only once.
- Add spinach and cook for 2‑3 minutes or until it has wilted.
- Remove from heat and add the béchamel sauce. Stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture on two slices of Bon Matin multigrain bread, no fat no sugar added.
- Close with remaining slices.
- Add one slice of cheese to each sandwich.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake 4‑5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 teaspoons of butter in a skillet and cook your eggs. Ideally runny, but you can cook them to your preference. Remove the sandwiches from the oven and place your eggs on top of the cheese.
- Add a few thyme leaves and enjoy.