Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Apples and Cheddar
This recipe is a classic revisited! This far-from-ordinary grilled cheese is made with caramelized apples and onions, pecans, and cheddar cheese, all between two slices of Bon Matin® No Sugar, No Fat Added Multigrain bread. With 34 g of whole grains and 4 g of fibre per serving of 2 slices (65 g), this recipe provides a superb source of energy!
- 4 slices of Bon Matin® No Sugar, No Fat Added Multigrain Bread
- 2 small, sliced apples
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the onions for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the apples, pecans and maple syrup and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Butter the slices of bread on one side only.
- On the unbuttered side of two slices of bread, spread the apple and onion mixture, then add the cheese. Close the sandwiches.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook each grilled cheese for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the cheese is melted.