Mushroom and Sage Crostini
These crostini on Bon Matin™ Seed Lovers, No Fat, No Sugar Added Bread is perfect for those last‑minute weeknight dinners.
- 2 slices of Bon Matin™ Seed Lovers, No Fat, No Sugar Added Bread
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped red onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- Parmesan shavings
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Heat the butter in a pan.
- 2. Add the red onion and garlic and sauté five minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook 5 to 10 minutes over medium‑high heat. Add the sage and cook another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Deglaze the pan with red wine vinegar and let it reduce. Keep warm.
- 4. Place bread slices on a baking sheet, brush them with the oil and grill in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 5. Spoon some of the mushroom mixture on each slice and garnish with Parmesan shavings.