- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Line a baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the butter, basil and fresh pepper.
- Spread the basil butter on each slice of bread (one side only). Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Assemble the sandwiches starting with the fresh mozzarella and tomato slices. Add a good drizzle of olive oil, dried oregano and a few fresh basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Close the sandwiches. The sides with the basil butter should be on the outside of the sandwich.
- Serve with raw vegetables and dip.
Hubert’s tip: The flavoured butter is very versatile; it’s delicious in a sandwich or over grilled meat or fish. The possible flavors are countless, here are a few ideas: sundried tomatoes, herbs, pesto, chipotle paste or garlic! For a lighter recipe version, you could skip this step.