French Toast Stuffed with Cream Cheese
Here's a delicious French toast recipe with a twist as it’s stuffed with cream cheese. The final result is very similar to the traditional French toast recipe. The Bon Matin Multigrain moelleux bread contains 9 g of fibre per serving (2 slices), which is a high source of fibre.
- 8 slices Bon Matin™ Smooth Multigrain Bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) of maple syrup
- Vigorously whisk the eggs, milk and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Spread cream cheese on 4 slices of Bon Matin bread. Close sandwiches.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add butter.
- Dip the stuffed French toast in the egg mixture.
- Then cook in hot butter, about 3 minutes per side.
- Top the stuffed French toast with fresh berries and maple syrup. For a slightly higher protein breakfast, top the French toast with Greek yogurt.
- Hubert's Tip: For a new recipe, try to stuff this French toast with aged cheddar cheese (inside) and fresh apples as a topping. A real treat, especially enjoyed with local maple syrup!