Smoked Trout Open-Face Sandwich
Change up smoked salmon with smoked trout. It has a flaky texture that makes a great topping for open‑face sandwiches.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) plain whipped cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 4 slices Bon Matin Rustic Grains with Quinoa, toasted
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 oz (170 g) smoked trout, flaked
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh dill
- Stir together cream cheese, shallot, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over toasted bread.
- Top with radish slices, smoked trout and chopped dill.
Tip: Alternatively, garnish with dill sprig instead of chopped dill.