French Toast Rolls with Strawberries and Chocolate-hazelnut Spread
Got a sweet tooth? Then you’ll adore these French toast rolls! With the sweet taste of strawberries and chocolate hazelnut spread, this recipe is perfect for a family brunch or an evening with friends. Don’t be fooled by the rich ingredients: the 3g of fibre in each serving of Bon Matin® La Mie de l’Artisan™ oatmeal bread contributes to the nutritional value of this breakfast.
- 6 slices of Bon Matin® La Mie de l’Artisan™ Oatmeal Bread
- 3/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- 6 Tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Beat the egg, milk and vanilla together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Remove the crusts from the bread slices.
- Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin.
- Spread each bread slice with chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Place a line of strawberry pieces along each bread slice.
- Roll up each slice to form a cylinder.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Dip the rolls in the egg, milk and vanilla mixture and shake off any excess.
- Brown each roll for about 4 minutes.
- Coat the rolls with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve.