Pearl Couscous Salad with Squash, Apples and Curried Croutons
Try this pearl couscous salad with squash and apples. Consider using our Bon Matin™ Oat and Honey bread to make delicious, lightly sweet croutons.
- 3 slices of Bon MatinTM Oat and Honey Bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 2 apples, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425˚F
- Cook the couscous as indicated on the package and set aside
- Dice the squash. In a bowl, combine the squash, oil, curry powder and maple syrup.
- Place the squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then set aside.
- Cut the slices of bread into cubes and drizzle with oil and curry powder. Place the cubes on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a salad bowl, place the couscous and all the salad ingredients. Add the dressing and mix well. Top with curried croutons.