Moroccan Chicken Salad Sandwich with Almonds
Orange juice and mint add fresh flavours to this exotic take on a chicken salad sandwich.
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) orange zest
- 4 tsp (20 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) each curry powder and cumin
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded carrot
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) toasted chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) raisins
- 2 slices Bon Matin Multigrain bread, toasted
- 6 fresh mint leaves, very thinly sliced
- Stir together mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper until well mixed. Stir in chicken, carrot, almonds, red onion, apricots and raisins.
- Spoon evenly onto toasted bread slices. Sprinkle with mint.
• Alternatively, instead of serving open‑faced, sandwich the filling between 2 bread slices.
• Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro instead of mint if desired.
• Add a pinch of cayenne for a spicy kick.