- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) orange zest
- 4 tsp (20 mL) fresh orange juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each curry powder and cumin
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded carrot
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) raisins
- 2 slices Bon Matin Multigrain bread, toasted
- 6 fresh mint leaves, very thinly sliced
Stir together mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper until well mixed. Stir in chicken, carrot, almonds, red onion, apricots and raisins.
Spoon evenly onto toasted bread slices. Sprinkle with mint.
• Alternatively, instead of serving open-faced, sandwich the filling between 2 bread slices.
• Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro instead of mint if desired.
• Add a pinch of cayenne for a spicy kick.
12 Grain Spinach-Strawberry and Goat Cheese Sandwich
Crunchy Tuna and Radish Salad Sandwich
Avocado and Turkey Club Sandwich
Open-Face Salmon Sushi Bowl Sandwich
Matcha Cream Cheese and Black Sesame Toast
Moroccan Chicken Salad Sandwich with Almonds