Mediterranean Quinoa and Herbed Crouton Salad in a Jar
Freshness in a jar! This Mediterranean‑style quinoa and herbed crouton salad is perfect for a picnic.
- Herbed Croutons
- 2 slices of Bon Matin™ No Fat, No Sugar Added Protein Loaf, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ cup of your choice of lettuce
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onions
- ¼ cup feta cheese, diced
- ½ cup of pitted Kalamata olives
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- 2. In a bowl, drizzle the oil and sprinkle the herbs over the bread cubes and mix.
- 3. Place bread on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes until golden.
- 4. Put the quinoa, water and salt in a pot. Cook 15 minutes on medium‑low heat. Let it cool.
- 5. In a bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients.
- 6. Put the ingredients in the jars in this order: dressing, quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, onions, feta, olives and croutons.
- 7. Keep cool until ready to serve. Can be kept 2 to 3 days in the fridge.