Margherita-style flat bread
- 4 slices Bon Matin La mie de l’artisan oatmeal bread
- 200 ml tomato pizza sauce (use your preferred type)
- 12 small bocconcini balls or grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ bunch fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash olive oil
- 1‑ Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread as thin as possible. Brush with olive oil and brown in a cast‑iron griddle. Rub each one with raw garlic clove while still hot.
- 2‑ Place on a baking sheet and spread pizza sauce on flattened slices of bread.
- 3‑ Top each slice with halved bocconcini balls. Cook in the oven for about ten minutes at 375°F.
- 4‑ Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, shredded basil leaves and freshly ground black pepper.