Grilled cheese with blueberries, turkey, and cheddar
Enjoy a new take on a timeless classic with this recipe for grilled cheese sandwiches with blueberries, turkey and cheddar and our Bon Matin™ Classique™ oat and honey bread. It’s easy to make and the whole family will love it! Savour the freshness of this fruit and vegetable salad made with Bon Matin™ Classique™ soft multigrain bread.
- 4 slices of Bon Matin™ Classique™ Oat and Honey Bread
- 4 slices medium cheddar
- 4 slices smoked turkey
- ½ cup arugula
- A few fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook half of the blueberries with the balsamic vinegar and honey for 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat and drain in a sieve. Add the remaining blueberries and set them aside.
- 3. Cover 2 slices of bread with the blueberry mixture. Add 2 slices of smoked turkey, half of the arugula, a few basil leaves, and 2 slices of medium cheddar. Place the two halves of the sandwich together for grilling. Repeat the steps above with the remaining ingredients to make a second sandwich.
- 4. Butter both sides of each sandwich and grill them in a pan at medium‑high heat for 5 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.