The croque‑monsieur is an extremely popular hot sandwich originating from France. It is normally served with slices of ham and cheese. But have you ever thought of serving a croque‑monsieur as a dessert?
- 8 slices Bon Matin™ Oatmeal and Honey Bread
- 125 mL (½ cup) ricotta cheese
- 15 to 30 mL (1 to 2 tbsp) honey
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 Gala apples, thinly sliced
- 8 strawberries, thinly sliced
- Unsalted butter
- Pistachio cream (optional)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine ricotta, honey, and pistachios. Set aside.
- 2. Assemble the croque‑monsieur, starting with the ricotta mixture, then the fruit.
- In a large non‑stick pan, heat a little butter. Place the croque‑monsieur in the pan to brown both sides (*You can also grill the croque‑monsieur in a panini press or a grill pan).
- 3. Top with a drizzle of pistachio cream.