Broccoli and Asparagus Grilled Cheese
This grilled cheese sandwich with veggies smothered in a b'©chamel sauce is a delicious way to get your nutrients.
- 4 slices Bon MatinMC Multigrain bread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 3 oz (90 g) Oka Light cheese, sliced and divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- Pinch each salt and red chili flakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) steamed small broccoli florets
- 4 steamed asparagus spears, halved
- Melt 2 tsp (10 mL) butter in small saucepan set over medium heat; add flour, whisking vigorously until combined. Remove from stove and whisk in milk. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened and smooth. Stir in 1 oz Oka, mustard, salt and chili flakes; add broccoli.
- Divide mixture evenly between 2 slices of bread; top with asparagus. Top with remaining Oka. Top with remaining bread; spread remaining butter over outside of sandwiches.
- In nonstick skillet set over medium heat, cook sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Tip: For extra flavour, add chopped sun‑dried tomatoes.