Brazilian roast beef grilled cheese bites
Discover Louis‑François’ interpretation of the popular Bauru Brazilian sandwich. The original recipe consists of roast beef slices, mozzarella gooey cheese, tomatoes and pickles. Louis‑François is reinventing this recipe by turning this sandwich into festive bites to share!
- 4 slices Bon Matin La mie de l'artisanMC Rye bread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese (¼ inch thick/0.5 cm)
- 8 slices of roast beef
- 4 thinly sliced sundried tomatoes
- 6 slices of dill pickles
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place them on the work surface with butter side down. Layer in that order: mozzarella cheese, roast beef, tomatoes and pickles. Cap with the remaining slices butter side up.
- In a large skillet over medium‑high heat, grill sandwiches on one side for 5 minutes. Flip them over and continue grilling for 5 minutes or until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
- Cut sandwiches into sticks and serve immediately.